Just writing about this no-bake peanut butter bars recipe makes me salivate (and gain 5lbs!!). It is so easy to make and really delicious! It is a little rich, so you will want to have a nice, cold glass of milk or perhaps a cup of coffee or tea to enjoy alongside it. I really don’t prefer to bake because I just feel like I am not that great at it and I don’t like to “have to” measure. However, I really enjoy cooking! That’s where my kitchen expertise, if you will, comes in. This recipe is Jenn-friendly because it does not require any baking or ovens! My family and I tried it for the first time this past weekend thanks to my neighbor recently sharing the recipe with me.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup salted butter (melted)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (I found that it mixed better if softened/melted)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 12oz bag of milk chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a medium sized bowl. Stir until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into a 13x9 pan. No need to grease it.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave for 1-2 minutes. It will be thick but spreadable.
- Stir chocolate and pour over the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread chocolate with a spatula.
- Refrigerate bars for one hour.
- Cut while bars are still cool.